Paris, November 2021
Holding MIP Cancun in a safe environment
16-19 November 2021
Our commitment to your health and safety
We look forward to welcoming everyone to MIP Cancun where we are committed to providing you with the safest possible exhibition and conference environment. We are working with our colleagues at RX (Reed Exhibitions), The Moon Palace resort, Quintana Roo regional authorities, and specialist medical advisors to build a coherent and consistent programme of advanced health and safety measures.
Responding effectively to the risks of Covid-19 is a shared responsibility and RX France asks all participants to play their part in ensuring that the show remains as safe as is reasonably practicable. In this respect, RX France will communicate to all attendees that a person should not attend the show if the individual is showing signs as set out below:
- Is showing COVID-19 symptoms such as but not limited to: fever or a feeling of fever (chills, hot-cold), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, unusual fatigue, sore throat or headache, loss or change in smell or taste.
- Has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
Our on-site team will respond to anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms in line with the directions issued by the relevant authorities. The individual should reconsider attending the show if the individual is a vulnerable person at risk of developing a severe type of Covid-19 infection, particularly if the person suffers from an underlying health condition.
Our Safety Guidelines are based on Reed Exhibitions’ 5-Point Plan and have been prepared in conjunction with the venue owner and the relevant authorities. We would ask you to comply with all safeguards and precautionary measures. Anyone not complying will be requested to leave the show.
Upon arrival at the Moon Palace Resort Hotel
- Temperature controls will be taken upon arrival.
- Masks are to be worn in all public areas of the Moon Palace resort.
- Social distancing of 1.5m/6 feet is in place both indoors and outdoors.
- At check-in, all hotel guests must sign a declaration of health, confirming they are free of any COVID-19 related symptoms, have not tested positive or come into contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 30 days.
- Upon accessing your room you will find a complimentary personal hygiene kit, which includes antibacterial gel, a facemask for use around the hotel (one per person) and disinfecting wipes.
Prior to accessing the MIP Cancun venue or events
All MIP Cancun clients and people with whom they are sharing a room must take an antigen test prior to accessing MIP Cancun the Tuesday 16 November, or afterwards. This test is mandatory and a negative result is required to access MIP Cancun. The test will be carried out by the Moon Palace’s certified partner medical laboratory.
- The test is to be taken onsite from Tuesday 16th November.
- There is no charge for MIP Cancun clients staying at the Moon Palace Resorts Hotel.
- Each person must create a user profile on the laboratory app.
- The necessary personal data is collected via the app by the laboratory which is in partnership with the venue.
- Results are received individually via the app.
- Once negative results are received, the Moon Palace Resort will distribute a MIP Cancun Covid tested bracelet on proof of a negative test result. The bracelet is to be worn at all times during the Show.
In the case of a positive result from a client:
- If the client is staying more than 3 days at the hotel and has already paid for their stay, the hotel will offer a quarantine room free of charge for 10 days. In case of a positive result, the hotel will not distribute the room bracelet.
- The client will receive daily visits from the 24/7 onsite venue doctor.
- Alternatively, the client can leave the premises to quarantine at a venue of their choice.
Antigen test prior to accessing MIP Cancun
All MIP Cancun delegates and people with whom they are sharing a room must take an antigen test prior to accessing MIP Cancun. Once negative results are received, the Moon Palace Resort will distribute a MIP Cancun Covid tested bracelet on proof of a negative test result. The bracelet is to be worn at all times during the Show.
Mandatory face masks
Surgical masks will be mandatory for trade show participants, service providers and RX France employees. Masks are to be worn in all public areas of the Moon Palace resort.
Hand sanitiser will be available during the event
Touch-free hand sanitiser stations will be located throughout the premises and in common areas (conference rooms, demonstration spaces, etc.).
Digitalised access passes
Your MIP Cancun badge will be sent to you by email. Please ensure that you print it and bring it with you in order to avoid crowds at registration.
Compliance with capacity limits and regulation of visitor traffic flows
We will ensure that maximum capacity limits are complied with in the market venue, conference spaces and food service areas...
Floor markings and a one-way system will help you follow social distancing measures.
- All rooms will be sanitised with a bactericide during the day and with a deep sanitation and nebulizer every evening.
All high touch surfaces (welcome desks, lounge tables, WCs…) will have a reinforced cleaning throughout the day
A permanent team of cleaners are at hand to ensure optimum hygiene.
New meeting spaces and conference rooms
Spaces will be reorganised to enable face-to-face meetings while following social distancing measures of 1.5m/6 feet both indoors and outdoors. The one-to-one meeting tables, conference rooms and lounge areas are set-up respecting social distancing.
All welcome desks manned by staff will be fitted with plexiglass separations.
On-site food services
Tables will be arranged to follow social distancing measures, with 1 m between each table and no more than 10 people per table. Health inspections will be increased and staff will be trained to follow health measures. There will be no self-service at the bars, coffee break tables or catered events. All food & drinks are to be consumed within the bar areas. The facemask can only be removed whilst consuming.
Special communication and safety reminders
Staff and participants will be reminded of health and protective measures before and throughout the event. Our goal is to open the doors to our trade shows responsibly, while protecting participants and our employees.
Management of people with COVID symptoms
A medical team will be present for the duration of the event. Suspected COVID-19 cases will be isolated and handled by suitable health professionals.
If you require either a PCR or AntiGen test for your return home, this can be booked directly with the hotel Public Relations desk. Please reserve your test upon check-in. Allow minimum 24H prior to your required test time and of course allowing sufficient time for the tests. A full PCR test costs 120$US and an AntiGen test costs 19$US. We recommend to book upon arrival.
The Moon Palace Resort Hotel in Cancun - MIP Cancun venue
The Moon Palace is fully certified with the CPPSIT accreditation of Quintana Roo state (Certification in Sanitary Protection in Tourist Facilities) for all matters relating to the protection of health and safety.
Moon Palace is also accredited by the World Travel & Tourism Council with the Global Covid safety stamp « Safe Travels ». This label recognizes destinations and businesses around the world which have adopted the SafeTravels health and hygiene global standardized protocols.